The curtain has been pulled. After months of learning and watching the progress of the Razer Atrox, a release date has finally been announced. This stick was designed with modders in mind so for all you stick modders out there (I’m looking at you SRK Tech Talk forums) It appears that the Razer Atrox has been shown to the world. Here’s a few features:
• 10 tournament-grade Sanwa Denshi™ buttons
• Authentic Sanwa Denshi™ joystick with ball top
• Interchangeable top panel allows for custom artwork finishes
• Fully accessible internals and storage compartments for easy modding
• Honeycomb structure on the inside for easy screw mounting
• Storage compartments for alternative bat top joystick and more
• 13 ft / 4 m detachable USB cable
• Screwdriver included for modding
• 2.5mm audio jack for headset use
This is currently an Xbox only product as razer is known for their Xbox controllers such as the Onza and Sabertooth controllers.
The pricing point is currently sitting at $199.99 and is set for a June release date although pre-orders will be taken starting May 21st. Max Level will try to get our hands on this to give you guys a run down on the performance, so far it’s looking rather sleek.
Razer had a beta test program in which 200 people were able to test an early build of this peripheral. I’m not sure how much has changed internally, but cosmetically I see a bunch of changes. Below is a video with one of if not my favorite modder Duckie showing off the features of the beta stick he received back in September.