The guys behind Team Meat have a nice surprise for those at PAX Prime this year, announcing a new version of the wildly successful Super Meat Boy game.
Super Meat Boy: Forever is a lot of things, but at it’s core it is a full length platformer for touch based devices. The guys behind the game had stressed for some time they wanted to make a mobile version of SMB, but hadn’t quite figured out how to, although now it looks like they’ve finally figured it out.
Sadly, this means that their other previously announced game, Mewgenics, is on hold until SMB:F can be finished up. While we don’t know too much about the game, Team Meat has provided a nifty FAQ for us:
– SMB:F will release sometime next year for phones, tablets and steam. (possibly others but this is all we have set in stone right now)
– SMB:F will feature a full story, 6 chapters, and double the bosses the original game featured.
– SMB:F is not an endless runner, but will feature an endless mode with online high scores and daily runs.
– SMB:F will feature a full fledged dark world featuring dark warp zones, bosses, new playable indie game characters and more.
– SMB:F will feature a vast randomly generated level structure that ensures a totally new play experience with each death.
– SMB:F is only 2 months into development, but as you can see things are moving pretty fast.
– SMB:F is not a simple endless runner
– SMB:F will not use abusive $ tactics to drain your wallet and cheapen the game experience
– SMB:F is not a port of super meat boy
– SMB:F is not a one button game
– SMB:F is not exclusive to phones/touch screens
From the sound of it, the guys at Team Meat genuinely care about bringing a great product to a market that doesn’t have a lot of incredible games to it’s name. If you happen to be at PAX Prime, then you can head up and test your skills at the teams Indie Megabooth location.