Even though the February update we spoke about is delayed until sometime this week, that hasn’t stopped Microsoft from detailing what we should expect in the March update for the Xbox One.
Two days ago, in a post on Xbox Wire by Marc Whitten, he outlines exactly what we should expect to see in the update right before Titanfall:
- Get to your friends list faster. The friends list will be front and center on the homepage of the Friends app. Click the Social tile on Home, or say “Xbox, go to Friends” to see who’s online and what they’re up to. From there you can quickly send messages and get into a party.
- Party chat will be turned on by default. When you party up, chat audio will be turned on by default.
- Chat with friends playing different games. Party chat will be separated from people playing your game, so you can chat with your friends who are online or you can chat with everyone playing the game.
- We’re adding an “Invite friends to game” option to your multiplayer titles moving forward. Similar to Xbox 360 titles, this will appear inside a games’ menu and offer a simple and quicker way to set up your multiplayer battles. Selecting “Invite friends” will let you invite friends to your game and party.
- We’re adding “Recent Players.” This is a simple list that shows you Xbox Live members you’ve recently played with, making it easier to stay in touch with people, or add new friends after your multiplayer battles.
According to Marc, the update should be rolling out in early March, in preparation of the March 11 release of Titanfall. From the looks of it, it seems like Microsoft knows what they need to fix, and is taking active steps to doing it. While there are still other issues affecting the console, it’s comforting to know that Microsoft is trying to solve them.